Running List of Scholarships by Due Date
due in September:
- Distinguished Young Women Scholarship. Female freshmen through seniors and must take part in on-stage competition. Open now - representative will make contact about deadlines.
- College Raptor $2,500 Scholarship. Students ages 16 and older; essay required.
due in October:
- United States Senate Youth Program. Juniors or seniors interested in history and/or politics and have a leadership position within the school (student council, NHS, etc). Each year, our state sends two students to Washington D.C. for a week in March to work with/learn from some of our elected officials. Students also receive a $10,000 scholarship..
- Horatio Alger National Scholarship. Seniors with minimum 2.0 GPA, be involved, and demonstrate critical financial need. Due October 25
- U.S. Bank Scholarship Sweepstakes ($5,000-$20,000). Seniors enrolled in at least 6 college credit hours. Due October 25
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation. Seniors. Due October 31
Due in November:
- Ron Brown Scholarship (early deadline). African American senior with academic excellence and commitment to public service. Due November 1, 2019.
- Prudential Spirit of Community Award. All grades 9-12. Administration will vote on school representative once application is submitted. Due November 5, 2019.
- Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Competition. Senior (do not need to be related to an Elk member). Due November 5, 2019.
- Iowa Ready Mixed Concrete Association Jerry Woods Scholarship. Senior entering community college or technical school building trades program, including concrete technology and practice. Deadline is Nov. 30.
- Walmart Associate Scholarship. Senior and employee of Walmart. Must be employed part-time or full-time with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months prior to the application due date for the award period in which the associate is applying. Deadline - open Nov 1 through Nov. 29
due in December:
- Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Grant. This Grant provides up to $5,000 per year to students who age out of foster care and students adopted after age 16. Due December 1, 2019.
- Bright Scholars of Iowa (Iowa State University). Senior attending ISU with outstanding academic achievement and financial need. Have achieved success in the face of adversity. Due December 1, 2019 (including FAFSA).
- Bright Scholars of Iowa (University of Iowa). Senior attending University of Iowa with outstanding academic achievement and financial need. Have achieved success in the face of adversity. Due December 1, 2019 (including FAFSA).
- Soy Scholarship - The Soy Scholarship is a $5,000 one-time scholarship award presented to a current, eligible high school senior planning to pursue a degree in agriculture at an accredited college or university. The scholarship is managed by the American Soybean Association (ASA). Deadline is Dec. 1.
- Sally Gearhart Strottman Memorial Scholarship in Elementary Education. Senior, attending UNI, planning to major in elementary education, ACT Composite of 26 or greater OR RAI of 325 or greater. Deadline is Dec. 1.
- Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships. Open to all students involved in the fight against hunger (Food Drives or volunteer for pantries/soup kitchens, etc.). Due December 5, 2019. Click here for FAQ document.
- Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for Students with Disabilities. Senior with identified disability and 3.0 GPA. Deadline is Dec. 6.
- AXA Achievement Scholarship. Seniors; only first 10,000 applicants will be considered. Opens September 1. Due December 15
- Christina Hixon Opportunity Award. Senior attending ISU and shows financial need per FAFSA (Application to ISU and FAFSA must be submitted by December 15) - this is a half-tuition scholarship! Due December 15
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarship. Seniors with minimum 3.3 GPA and ACT Composite of 25. Opens October 15. Due by December 15
- BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship. Seniors and undergraduate students, 3.5 GPA, looking to have a career in the finance industry (finance, accounting, business, etc.). Deadline Dec. 31.
- CrazyGames Worldwide Student Scholarship. Seniors entering and/or interested in digital medial and game development; must submit one piece of work. Due December 31, 2019.
- FIRE's Free Speech Essay Contest. Juniors and Seniors - $500-$10,000 awards. The mission of FIRE is to defend and sustain individual rights at America’s colleges and universities. These rights include freedom of speech, legal equality, due process, religious liberty, and sanctity of conscience. Deadline is Dec. 31.
- Great Clip's Alice Madden Barton Cosmetology Scholarship. Senior entering cosmetology. Due December 31
Due in January:
- Ron Brown Scholarship. African American senior with academic excellence and commitment to public service. Due January 9, 2020.
- Foot Locker Scholar Athletes. Seniors planning to attend a 4-year college and participate in at least one high school sport. Must have GPA of 3.0. Opens September/October 2019. Deadline is Jan. 3.
- Better Business Bureau Student of Integrity ($2,500). Senior. Each high school can only submit one senior for the scholarship - so the essay portion is submitted and reviewed by a committee. Deadline is January.
- Byers "Keep Iowa Beautiful" Scholarship ($1,000). Senior majoring in natural resources/environmental studies or community enhancement can apply. Deadline is Jan 31.
- ISU Beta Sigma Psi Scholarship - Beta Sigma Psi is a faith-based, Christian fraternity at Iowa State. The fraternity is offering three $2,000 scholarships to Lutheran men attending ISU in the fall of 2020. Membership in Beta Sigma Psi is not required. More information is available atISU Beta Sigma Psi Scholarship Deadline is Jan 11. to be eligible for all awards.
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program. Senior with minimum GPA of 3.0 and plan to attend a 4-year college or university. Opens October 15, 2019.
- Ron Brown Scholarship. Senior that is Black/African American, excels academically, exhibits exceptional leadership potential, involved in community service, and has financial need. Due January 9, 2020.
- APIASF General Scholarship. Senior of Asian or Pacific Islander ethnicity, 2.7 GPA or have earned GED, and complete the FAFSA. Due January 22, 2020.
- US JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship ($1,000). Senior. Due Jan 5.
- Bright Scholars of Iowa (University of Northern Iowa). Senior attending University of Northern Iowa with outstanding academic achievement and financial need (check specific criteria online). Due January 15, 2020 (includes FAFSA filed by same date).
- University of Northern Iowa Department of Art Scholarship. Senior attending UNI and entering Department of Art. Due January 15, 2020.
- Darryl Jahn Memorial Scholarship (Beta Sigma Psi Lutheran Fraternity). Senior male attending ISU and of Lutheran faith. Due January 11, 2020 (to be eligible for all levels of scholarships).
- MENSA Education & Research Foundation Scholarship. Seniors. Deadline Jan 15
- Government Finance Officers Association Scholarship. Senior interested in pursuing a career in state/provincial or local government finance. Opens October 21
- Hamilton Relay Scholarship. Senior who is deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or has difficulty speaking. Not open yet.
- AFA (Alzheimer's Foundation) Teens Scholarship Essay. Seniors. Due January 17, 2020.
- JFK Profile in Courage Essay. All grades 9-12. Due January 17, 2020.
- Varsity Brands School Spirit Awards (multiple awards). All grades 9-12 can apply. Each award has its own criteria.
- Coolidge Presidential Foundation Scholarship (full ride). Juniors with academic excellence, an interest in public policy, and have displayed service. Due January (exact date TBD), 2020.
- Point Foundation Scholarship. Senior attending a four-year college, identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community, has strong academics and financial need. Opens November 1
- Bill Mertens Memorial Daily Iowan Scholarship ($5,000/year & renewable). Deadline Jan. 31. Senior planning to attend the University of Iowa and willing to work in the Daily Iowan newsroom.
- Courageous Persuaders Commercial Scholarship. All grades 9-12 can apply. Due January 31
- Elks National Foundation Legacy Award. Senior and child or grandchild of living Elks member. January 31
- Rove Pest Control Scholarship. Senior and 3.0 GPA. Due January 31, 2020.
- Strayer-Rairden Scholarship at Univ. of Iowa Department of Physics and Astronomy. Senior entering this department at Iowa. Due January 31
due in February:
- Iowa 4-H Scholarships. Senior. Some scholarships are for those entering ag-related field and some aren't. Deadline is Feb. 1. Only one application needed for all 4-H Scholarships. Requires two Reference letters. Apply online at 4-H Application Scholarship Online link
- Future of Iowa Agriculture Scholarship Program - Deadline is Feb. 1. 16 $1,000 scholarships are awarded. Parent or student must be a member of Iowa Corn Growers Association. Student must be choosing a major that will contribute to the Agriculture industry. Requires references and an essay. Future of Iowa Agriculture Scholarship
- Iowa National Guard Officers Auxiliary Student Scholarship ($1,000). Senior with a parent or grandparent affiliated with the Iowa National Guard.
- Iowa National Guard Officers Auxiliary General Lawson Memorial Scholarship. Dependent or spouse of Iowa National Guard Member (current or retired) and pursuing licensure program, certificate program, CEUs, or non-degree education.
- Catholic Daughters of America (CDA) National Education Contest. Deadline is Feb 15. Categories are Essay; Poetry; Art; Computer Art; Music; Photography. You may submit entries in multiple categories.
- DAR - Daughters of American Revolutionary War Scholarship
- New Century FS Scholarship. Senior with minimum 2.5 GPA, be active or seeking membership in local agriculture group (such as FFA or 4H), and is a dependent of a New Century FS customer, member or employee. Not open yet.
- HACER National Scholarship (through Ronald McDonald House Charities). Deadline is Feb 5. Senior with minimum 3.0 GPA and at least one parent of Hispanic heritage.
- National FFA Scholarship Program. Senior entering Ag program; do NOT have to be in a FFA chapter for all scholarships.
- American Meteorological Society Freshmen Undergraduate Scholarship. Deadline is Feb. 7 Seniors interested in studying atmospheric and related sciences.
- Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship. Seniors that work or be child of an employee at Hy-Vee. Due February 10, 2020.
- Iowa Credit Union Warren A. Morrow Scholarship. Senior with account in their own name at a credit union that is affiliate with the Iowa Credit Union League (ask your credit union).
- Davidson Institute Fellows Scholarship. Students 18 or younger as of Oct. 1, 2019. Due February 12, 2020 (all materials - submit early)
- "We the Students" Essay Competition. Opens Dec. 15. Deadline is April 15. For Grades 8 - 12. Essay is to be 500 to 800 words.
- Black Hawk Co Soil & Water Conservation District Scholarship. Senior, lives in Black Hawk County, and planning to enter conservation or agriculture field. Deadline is Feb. 14.
- Iowa Newspaper Foundation Scholarship. Deadline is Feb 14. Seniors pursuing careers in newspaper industry.
- Alliant Energy Innovation Scholarship. Deadline Feb 15. Senior, GPA of 2.5 or higher, and parents are customers of Alliant Energy. Opens December 1, 2019.
- Mediacom World Class Scholarship. Senior. Due February 15, 2020.
- Daughters of the American Revolution (multiple scholarships - general, medical/nursing, history/political/government). Due February 15
- Veridian Credit Union Scholarship ($2,000) Deadline is Feb 16. Senior and have Veridian Credit Union account in their own name.
- Vegetarian Resource Group. Seniors and are vegetarian. February 20, 2020.
- American Hotel and Lodging Foundation Scholarship ($500-$2,000). Senior and entering hotel and lodging major; 2.0 GPA.
- the ECIREC (East -Central Iowa Rural Electric Cooperative has a Youth Tour opportunity Eto Washington, D.C. Deadline to apply is Feb 26. Must be a Junior in HS. To be eligible, students must have parents who are member-consumers of ECI REC. Visit their website for more information at ECI REC Website Click on the Apply Now - Washington, D.C. button. or Apply for Tour Link PDF File ECI REC Scholarship & Tour Application.pdf
- Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship ($2,000). Senior must complete online tutorials and assessment.
- Regions Riding Forward Scholarship ($5000). Seniors with minimum 2.0 GPA.
Due in March:
- All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship. Senior and have FAFSA application and Iowa Financial Aid Application completed by March 1, 2020. This is a needs based scholarship, and students must qualify for at least some of the PELL Grant, per their FAFSA. Students that have been in Foster care or the State Training School, or are children of deceased public safety workers, and/or participated in a federal TRIO or GearUp Program will receive priority. Complete the Iowa Financial Application by March 1st and have an eligible EFC of no greater than about $9,000. The maximum value for the 2019-20 school year was $4,644. Is renewable for 8 semesters.
- Glenn Miller Scholarship Competition-Deadline is March 2. For students who intend to make music a central part of their future life. In addition, an applicant must submit a recording of a personal performance as well as a statement of musical intentions. Glenn Miller Music Scholarhip-Deadline March 2.pdf Glenn Miller Information for Scholarship.pdf Visit: https://www.glennmiller.org/
- The Mercy One Scholarship application is attached. Deadline is March 6. The requirements are that the student plans to major in a health-related career. Must have a GPA of 3.00. Requires two letters of recommendation, HS Transcript, 300 word essay. Must be from one of these counties - Benton, BlackHawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Grundy, Fayette, or Tama. Attached Application; Mercy One Scholarship-Deadline March 6.pdf
- The Florence Warnock Scholarship is available. Deadline is March 9th. Must be a Black Hawk County Senior that intends to pursue a four-year degree. Worth $1,500 and renewable for three years. Need GPA of 3.00 at least. Demonstrate active church membership and qualities of character, citizenship and leadership. Have financial need. Attach High School Transcript, ACT or Accuplacer scores, FAFSA copy, two reference letters, Essay. Mail to Florence Warnock Scholarship, First Presbyterian Church, 505 Franklin St., Waterloo, Iowa. 50703. Florence Warnock Scholarship - Deadline March 9 - 2nd monday in March.pdf
The Future Ready Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship is intended to cover tuition for students in programs that lead to high-demand jobs in Iowa. Hawkeye College and all Community Colleges in Iowa offer this. Pays up to 100% of tuition. Deadline is July 1. Student must complete the FAFSA Financial Aid form and apply to their Community college. Must be planning to enroll in one of these high-demand majors: Agricultural Power Technology, Automotive Tech, Civil & Construction Tech, CNC Machining, Computer Languages, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Diesel Truck Tech, Electronics Eng. Tech, Emergency Medical Services, Heating and Air Conditioning, Medical Lab Tech, Network Admin, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy Assistant, Police Science, Respiratory Care, Sustainable Construction, Web Programming, Welding Technology. Information at: Last Dollar Scholarship (Iowa) Do
- Kenneth G. Meyerhoff Memorial Scholarship - Deadline is March 2. This scholarship is through the Waterloo School system, and Don Bosco students are eligible to apply. ACT Scores are required. Amount is either $500 or $800. Copy is available in Guidance Office. Mail application to Superintendent's Office, Attn: Meyerhoff Scholarship Application, Waterloo Community School District, 1516 Washington Street, Waterloo, IA. 50702. Kenneth Meyerhoff Scholarship - Waterloo - Deadline March 2.pdf
- LaVerne Noyes Scholarship--Deadline is March 1. Awarded to undergraduate students with no prior degree who are U.S. citizens and are direct blood descendants of U.S. Army or Navy veterans who served in World War I as specified on the application. Financial need is required. A FAFSA must be completed as soon as possible after October 1 for the upcoming academic year. This scholarship may be renewed for an additional three years (eight semesters total) or until a baccalaureate degree is received, whichever comes first. Recipients must maintain full-time enrollment status and good academic standing. View and print a LaVerne Noyes Application.
- War Orphan Tuition Assistance - Children of Iowa veterans killed in action following September 11, 2001 are eligible for up to $11,844.00 per year in tuition assistance at an Iowa post-secondary institution. Children qualify up to the age of twenty-six (26). Dependents of those killed in action prior to September 11, 2001 are eligible for $600 per year with a maximum of $3,000. Residency is required to receive this benefit.
Information: War Orphan Tuition Assistance
Apply: War Orphan Tuition Assistance Application
- Black Hawk County American Legion Auxiliary Merit Award. Senior and either live in Black Hawk County or be a child of an American Legion member, Auxiliary member or veteran.
- Farm Bureau Scholarship for Black Hawk County and for the State Scholarship. Deadline is March 1. Must be a child of an Iowa Farm Bureau member. Apply in the county where you live. Must be pursuing a major in agriculture, nursing, or education. Apply at this web site: https://www.iowafarmbureau.com/Member-Benefits/Iowa-Farm-Bureau-Scholarships.
- Elevate Iowa Advanced Manufacturing Scholarship. Senior planning to study a manufacturing-related career at a community college. Opens January 1. Due March 1
- Governor Terry E. Branstand Iowa State Fair Scholarship. Senior that has participated in Iowa State Fair and completes the FAFSA application by March 1, 2020. Due March 1, 2020.
- Grand Lodge of Iowa Technical Scholarship. Senior attending technical school (mechanical or trade).
- Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation for Education Scholarship. Seniors interested in working in the automobile industry. Deadline is March 2.
- Iowa Farm Bureau Scholarship. Farm Bureau Scholarship Weblink Senior and entering field listed on page 6 of application (see eligibility guidelines); parent(s) must be member of Iowa Farm Bureau
The Mother Moon Scholarship application is now available for Juniors in Black Hawk County to apply. Deadline Is March 11. The emphasis is on Community Service. Must plan to attend college after HS graduation. Have contributed at least 100 hours of service to your community within a 12-month period. Apply online and submit an essay, a transcript. Worth $1,000. Two letters of recommendation are required. If further questions, you may contact the Foundation at 319-243-1356. Mother Moon Scholarship.Weblink: to Apply: https://www.cfneia.org/
Community Foundation of NE Iowa Scholarship is open! Multiple scholarships at $500+. Due 3/11/20. Highly recommend! https://www.cfneia.org/
- Iowa Scholarship for the Arts ($1,500) Senior entering art field.
- IT Leadership Forum Technology Scholarship ($1,000). Seniors involved in STEM classes or clubs and plans to pursue a technology-related degree at an Iowa college, university or community college. Must have minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Marine Corps League, NE Iowa Detachment 1241 Scholarship. Seniors and ranks in top half of class. Not open.
- Tippie Scholars Program Scholarship. Seniors attending University of Iowa and directly entering the Tippie College of Business (need to complete General Application).
- United Methodist Higher Education Foundation Named Endowed Scholarships. Seniors of Methodist faith. Past due.
- Black Hawk County Corn/Soybean Growers Association. Senior that has parents or grandparents that are members of association and minimum 2.5 GPA. If chosen as recipient, must attend banquet March 11, 2019 to accept award.
- East-Central Iowa REC Scholarship. Senior and parent is customer of ECI REC ($1,000).
- Friends of Covenant Medical Center and Sartori Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship. Senior and entering health-related field (includes medical, dental, and pharmacy fields); minimum 3.0 GPA. Download requirements here.
- ISM - Eastern Iowa, Inc. Scholarship. Senior.
- Robert Smiley Scholarship. Female senior with minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and lettered in one varsity sport each year. each high school can only nominate one student for this award. Materials submitted will be review by scholarship committee.
- Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award. Only for Iowa juniors.
- Iowa State Alumni Club of Black Hawk County David Juon Scholarship. Senior attending ISU.
- US Institute of Peace Essay Contest. All grades 9-12.
- First Friday Breakfast Club (FFBC) Scholarship ($3000). Senior and helped in activities to increase education and understanding of LGBT issues and reduce homophobia in school/community.
- Grinnell Mutual Roads to Success Scholarship. Senior with 3.0 GPA and auto policy through Grinnell Mutual.
- Black Hawk County American Legion Scholarship. Senior that is a resident of Benton County OR if they reside outside of Benton Co, they should have a parent that is a member of an American Legion Post in Benton County.
- ACACIA Leadership Scholarship at Iowa State University. Deadline April 1. Senior male attending ISU.
- Iowa Communications Alliance Scholarship. Senior and family receives telecommunication services from an Iowa Communications Alliance member ($2,500 scholarship!).
- Third District American Legion Auxiliary Merit Award. Senior who is child or grandchild of a member of The American Legion.
- IGHSAU State Volleyball Scholarship. Senior and member of UHS volleyball team. Not available for 2018-19.
- Iowa Hospital Education and Research Foundation Health Care Careers Scholarship. Senior seeking health care education.
- ACACIA Macbride Leadership Scholarship. Senior MALE attending University of Iowa.
- Darryl Jahn Memorial Scholarship (Beta Sigma Psi Lutheran Fraternity). Senior male attending ISU and of Lutheran faith. Due March 30, 2020 (to be eligible for 2 levels of scholarships).
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship. Senior who has battled cancer at any time in their life or those that have a sibling, parent, immediate family member or close friend that has or is battling cancer. Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher to apply.
- NAPM Eastern Iowa Affiliate Scholarship. Senior (giving 3 $1,000 scholarships!).
- Nuts, Bolts, and Thingamajigs Scholarship. Senior and intend to major in manufacturing. Opens January 1, 2019.
- SFM Foundation Scholarship. Senior whose parent was killed or seriously injured in workplace accident while working for Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin employer.
- TPA's Scholarship Trust for the Hearing Impaired. Senior meeting hearing impaired requirement.
due in April:
- American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year Award. Eagle Scout recipient.
- Engineering First-Year Scholarship. Deadline April 1st. Senior attending University of Iowa and majoring in engineering. Composite ACT 28 OR 3.7 GPA.
- The Catholic Daughters of Americas Scholarship of Waterloo, IA - Deadline is April 1. Two $1000 Scholarships are awarded. Requires a 400 word essay describing the role your Catholic Faith has played in your life. Also, list activities you have participated in and honors you have received. Mail to: Sue LeQuatte Scholarship Chair, 5118 S. Man St, Apt 9, Cedar Falls, IA. 50613. Catholic Daughters of the Americas Scholarship-Deadline April 1-.docx
- The Jesup Knights of Columbus Scholarship is awarded by the Council #8227 of Jesup, IA. Deadline is April 1. The criteria for selection are: 1) Financial need, 2) Desire to obtain more education, 3) Character, and 4) Parish membership and participation. Must complete the Application and write an Essay on why you should be considered for this award and include at least 100 words on what your faith means to you. Attached Application = Jesup Knights of Columbus Application.docx
- the Doug Reiter Scholarship Application. Deadline is April 3. Return to Guidance Office, and we will give applications to the family. Doug Reiter Scholarship - Deadline April 3.pdf
- Don Bosco Local Scholarship Application - Deadline April 3. Bring completed application(s) to Don Bosco HS Guidance Office. Print a separate application for each Scholarship you are applying for and attach your Essay and Letter of Recommendation. Application and list can be downloaded on Don Bosco HS Website: Don Bosco Local Scholarship
- Ann Griffel Scholarship ($2000). Senior female attending an Iowa college/university; involved, strong academics, and leadership abilities, interest in golf (but not judged on golf).
- Black Hawk County Cattleman's Scholarship. Senior and family member has been member for at least 2 years.
- Catholic Daughters of the Americas (Court Castile #49, Waterloo). Senior female of Catholic faith.
- Mothers of Multiples, Des Moines Chapter--Deadline is April 1. Awarded to one multiple-birth student (twin, triplet or higher order multiple) who is a resident of Iowa and is pursuing enrollment or is currently enrolled in a college, university, trade or vocational school. Additional information and the application are available on the www.dmmom.com/scholarship website. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Herman Sani Scholarship ($8000). Senior with background or experience in golf - awarded to someone with strong academic, involvement in extracurricular activities, and has leadership abilities.
- Iowa Pork Foundation President's Scholarship. Senior and entering ag field with emphasis in swine industry.
- The Zach Rahnavardi memorial Scholarship is available. Deadline is April 15. Scholarship is to be given to a male in Senior class, and it is worth $500. Must have a 3.50 GPA or under. Involvement in any HS extracurricular program or employment. Attends to attend college or trade program. Write an essay describing how family, friends and faith are important to you. Express yourself in a creative way. Mail your Scholarship Application to Rahnavardi Memorial Scholarship, 3807 South Lawn Road, Cedar Falls, IA. 50613. Rahnavardi Scholarship Application-Due April 15.docx
The Karsyn's Krusaders Scholarship - Deadline is April 13. Will be awarding five - $1,000.00 scholarships to graduating seniors that have either been diagnosed with cancer and beat the deadly disease or had a sibling that had cancer. Karsyn's Krusaders Scholarship-Due April 13.docx
- Leo Grether Scholarship - Deadline is April 15. Senior must be majoring in Vocal music and submit an essay and a tape of performances. Deadline is April 15. Weblink is https://ihsma.org/ https://ihsma.org/ Leo Grether Music Scholarship-Deadline April 14.pdf
- Principal Financial Group's Phyllis R. Johnson Scholarship. Senior relative of Principal employee and attending University of Iowa (renewable!).
- The Principal Edge Scholarship for Excellence. Dependent of Principal Financial Group employee and has 3.0 GPA.
- Walmart Dependent Scholarships. Senior and dependent of Walmart employee.
- Prospective Educator Scholarship. Senior and entering education.
- Friends of the Art Center Scholarships (there are three scholarships/one application). Senior, planning to pursue a degree in the visual arts, and live within 35-mile radius of Waterloo.
- Leo H. Grether Memorial Scholarship. Senior enrolling in college as a vocal music education major.
- Brian Pearson Memorial Scholarship. Juniors and seniors that have participated in any Iowa Games event (Summer Games, Winter Games, Iowa Games Net Fest or Iowa Games Mud Run). Each year the Iowa Games awards the Brian Pearson Memorial Scholarship of $1000 to one male and one female Iowan who have been involved in Iowa Games events in their lifetime. Applicants must be juniors or seniors during the 2019-2020 school year. Due April 6
- American Red Cross Scholarship.
- American Legion Legacy Scholarship. Senior and child of US Armed Services member that died on active duty on or after September 11, 2001.
- Forever Young Memorial Scholarship (2 $1,000 scholarships). Senior living in Black Hawk County and entering the heath science field (guidelines here).
- Iowa's Matthew Shepard Scholarship. Deadline is April 19. Seniors with 3.0 GPA, ACT Composite of 22 or higher, openly LGBTQ, and service to the LGBTQ community. Requires essay and reference(s). Apply online here: Matthew Shepherd Online Application
- Susan L. Loeb Memorial Scholarship. Senior enrolling in nursing or healthcare field.
- Rent-a-Center "Make a Difference" Scholarship. Senior and dependent to an employee or customer of Rent-a-Center.
- Knoji Corporate Responsibility & Brand Values Scholarship. Senior - creating YouTube video required.
- Alive and Running Scholarship - Deadline is April 30th to be received at address. Worth $1,000. Originates from the 5K Run/Walk at Dunkerton, IA to raise money fand awareness for suicide prevention. Based on leadership and volunteer activities. Requires application and Recommendation Letter. Alive and Running Scholarship-Mail before April 30.pdf
- One Iowa NORTH Craig W. Hickok Memorial Scholarship. Student that is self-identified LGBTQ or youth ally and is 17 years old by April 30. Past due.
- Winter Dance Party Scholarship. Senior enrolling in college as a music major.
due in May:
- American College Foundation Scholarship. All grades 9-12 can apply. Past due.
- Black Hawk County Soil & Water Conservation District Scholarship. Senior living in Black Hawk County pursuing programs of study in any field of conservation or agriculture. Past due.
- MidWest One Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship. Senior attending Univ. of Iowa and of Protestant faith. Past due.
- Robert D. Blue Scholarship. Awarded to residents of Iowa who will attend an accredited Iowa college or university. Applicants are expected to demonstrate literary and scholastic ability; exhibit qualities of truth, courage, and fellowship; and display moral force of character. Applications must be completed on-line at www.rdblue.org. If you have questions, contact Alicia Ronne at the State Treasurer's Office, 515-242-5270 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Drone Technology College Scholarship ($1,000). Senior and interest in pushing the drone industry forward. Past due.
- Children's Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarship. Senior who has been directly affected by childhood cancer (including individuals who currently have or have had cancer before age 18 or a sibling of that individual), and has a 2.5 GPA. Not open.
- Nile C. Kinnick Scholarship. Senior males attending University of Iowa. Must have minimum 3.4 GPA and 25 ACT. Past due.
- Truck Center Companies Scholarship. Students entering accredited diesel technology or collision repair technology program. Scholarship is for $5,000! Due May 30, 2019.
- Bright Scholars of Iowa (Indian Hills Community College). Senior attending University of Iowa with outstanding academic achievement and financial need. Due May 31, 2019.
due in June:
- Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship. Seniors pursuing an animation-related field. Due June 1, 2019.
- Aspiring Business Professional Scholarship. Seniors pursuing business and related fields. Due June 1, 2019.
- Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship. Seniors pursuing fashion-related field. Due June 1, 2019
- Black Hawk County Corn and Soybean Association Scholarship. Deadline is June 1. Worth $500. Must have at least a 2.50 GPA. Have a Parent or Grandparent that is a current member of the Black Hawk Co. Corn and Soybean Association. Application is: Black Hawk Ct Corn and Soybean Scholarship - Deadline June 1.pdf
- Walmart Associate Scholarship. Senior and employee of Walmart. June 1, 2019.
- Iowa PGA Charlie Burkart Scholarship. Senior and plays golf. Due June 14, 2019.
- Horatio Alger Association Career & Technical Scholarship. Senior pursuing a career or technical degree/certificate. Due June 15, 2019.
- Big Sun Athletic Scholarship. Seniors in athletics. Due June 19, 2019.
- Great Clip's Alice Madden Barton Cosmetology Scholarship. Senior entering cosmetology profession. Due June 30, 2019.
- TPA's Scholarship Trust for the Hearing Impaired. Senior meeting hearing impaired requirement. Due June 30, 2019.
- Sussle Scholarship. Senior. Enter weekly.
Due in July:
Black Hawk County Pork Producer Scholarship. Deadline is July 15. Senior and parents must be members of Black Hawk Co. Pork Producers.
Due in August:
- Naked Nutrition Scholarship. Be accepted or enrolled in a college. Not open yet.
- "Hit the Books Scholarship" from Coffeeforless.com. Students 18-25 enrolled/enrolling in college. Awards given twice a year ($500) to help cover the cost of textbooks. Not open yet.
- Worldwide Student Scholarship from Educator.com. Incoming or current college students. Not open yet.
2020 Application for Don Bosco Local Scholarships.docx 2020 Local Scholarship List .docx Deadline is April 3. Return applications to Don Bosco HS . . .
Scholarships Received Monthly at Don Bosco Scholarships Received Monthly at Don Bosco Announced February 2020 The Future Ready Iowa . . .