PSAT Test Information
PSAT Test Date is Oct 14
11th Graders interested in taking the PSAT Test should see DB Guidance Counselor.
10th Graders may also take this test, but the student must be serious about taking the test. Taking the test in 10th grade does not get the student into National Merit Scholarship Competition. That is only for 11th graders.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). The 2020 PSAT will be held at Don Bosco HS on Wednesday, October 14th, 2020. Students can expect to see their results around December 2020. Cost is $17. This is available for mainly 11th graders. Some 10th graders may wish to take it if they want experience with the test before their 11th grade year. Only students that are serious about taking this test should take it. If 10th graders are interested in taking the test, we may test those students on Oct 29th.
- The PSAT Test is not a College Admission Test.
- The PSAT Test takes about 3-1/12 hours. It will be administered by Don Bosco Guidance Counselor in Room 119.
- The PSAT score is a predictive score of what a student would earn on the SAT.
- The PSAT Test measures Critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills, and writing skills.
- The PSAT is an opportunity to explore academic strengths and weaknesses that are predictors of success in college.
- Test Prep can be found here at a free program, Khan Academy .
- Students who take the PSAT/NMSQT during their junior year are automatically considered for the National Merit Scholarship program.
Learn More about the National Merit Scholarship
If you want to, you may: