Why Donors Create Endowments
The Bosco Catholic School System Endowment continues to grow because more and more of our friends recognize the benefits of creating a strong fund for the future.
Some prefer to launch their endowments now so they can see the results, and others make arrangements to establish endowments later on with estate assets. Others prefer to start an endowment now and add to it later through a bequest.
So, why should people make endowment gifts to the Bosco Catholic School System? There are a number of reasons, of course. Here are five you may wish to consider:
1. Durability. The idea of creating a perpetual stream of financial support makes sense to people who see a similarity between retirement funds and endowment provisions. They like the concept of a fund that is guarded and invested separately from other assets so the principal of the fund will stay intact. Only the income or a portion thereof will be used to support Bosco.
2. A Positive Legacy. When donors attach their names to an endowment fund, they create an enduring legacy that will outlive them and influence succeeding generations. Grandchildren, great-grandchildren and other family members and friends will be reminded of the person’s values and commitments. Endowment funds can also be used to honor the lives of others who have made a significant impact on the donor and/or Bosco System.
3. Perpetuate Annual Gifts. Many donors see an endowment fund as a means to underwrite their own regular giving to the Bosco System. For example, an endowment fund of $20,000 could create an "annual gift” of $800 to Bosco. It’s a great way to keep giving generation after generation.
4. A Stronger Bosco Catholic School System. Each year, Bosco must raise a certain number of dollars to meet operational costs to sustain facilities, programs and personnel. Raising money for the “here and now” is always a priority. Annual payouts from endowment funds relieve some of this pressure and permit the board and executive team to plan more confidently for the future. An organization with a strong endowment is simply more stable financially.
5. Personal Satisfaction. There is something wonderfully fulfilling about doing something good that lasts, something that really makes a difference. Other kinds of giving are important, but having your name on a fund that will benefit others for centuries is truly satisfying.
If you would like to learn more about giving to Bosco System’s existing endowment or creating a new endowment, fill out and send in the form posted at the link below. We will mail you information on endowments. You can also call us at (319) 296-1692 or make your request through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.